We spend a lot of money and time on curing our diseases. There are diseases like obesity, heart related problems, hairfall, high blood pressure, short-term memory, diabetes, sugar, early ageing, body weakness, etc. which cannot be treated from its roots through the use of chemical medicines or the modern medicines.
Ayurveda has a remedy for the diseases and treats it from its roots. The remedy for the above mentioned few diseases are- Flaxseeds.
Flaxseeds are also called superfoods or complete foods. They contain anti-oxidants, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, minerals, vitamin B complex, potassium, copper in large amounts.
The effect or ‘taseer’ of flax seeds after consumption provides warmth to the body.
Advantages of including flax seeds in your diet plan:
- Flaxseeds are beneficial for the heart. The fiber present in the seeds control the level of cholesterol present in the body naturally. It also helps in removing the fat present in our veins hence increasing the blood flow. It also reduces the chances of heart attacks. It helps to keep the heart at a healthy state. For usage try AMULYA FLAX Flaxseed Oil Capsules. Consult a doctor or an expert for the best advice and usage.
- It has plenty of omega-3 fatty acids present. It proves to be an important fatty acid for the vegetarians who do not consume fish. For best results use (IMC) Flax Seeds
- Flaxseeds can also be given to young kids as it helps in boosting the brain of the young minds. It is a good source of DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) which is beneficial for the growth of the brain.
- If a person is obese, he can include (IMC) Flax Seeds in his diet to reduce his weight naturally. According to a research it is a good source of dietary fiber. The presence of dietary fiber in the body helps to reduce the increased plasma, accumulated fat and cholesterol.
- Flaxseeds are also helpful for problems related to the kidneys. It helps to maintain healthy kidneys and helps in its proper functioning.
- Flaxseeds also help in maintaining the hormonal balance in women. For this use (IMC) Flax Seeds for best results. Many a times the menstrual cycle of the women remain disturbed. They either come early or are delayed. Consumption of flaxseeds will prove beneficial for them.
- For people who have diabetes, it is proven that the consumption of flaxseeds will benefit them in the long run.
In a research it has been proven that the presence of fiber and mucilage reduces or we can say that it controls the insulin level in the body. Mucilage is a thick gluey substance which reduces the risk of diabetes.
It has also been known for a fact that there is a presence of anti-diabetic substance i.e., the substance that controls the sugar levels in the body in the flax seeds. So if the person is suffering from diabetes, he or she must include flaxseeds in the diet. It will prove to be really beneficial. The level of blood sugar will always be in control.
- Flaxseeds also work as medicine when a person is suffering from cold and fever. In a research it has been found that flaxseeds provide relief to the body during the inflammation or uneasiness caused during fever and cold. If a person is suffering from bronchitis i.e., excessive cough that happens when there is swelling in the lungs or is prone to having mucus in the chest all the time, the person can take tea made out of flaxseeds.
Recipe for the making of tea with flaxseeds:
Take two spoons of flaxseeds of link and grind them into powder form. Add the powder to one and a half glass of water and leave it for half an hour covered. After half an hour, put the water on the gas stove and let it boil for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Have the tea while it’s warm. It will prove beneficial and you will immediately notice the change.
- There is a lot of iron present in flaxseeds which helps in retaining blood and protects the person from anemia. There are many diseases that are caused due to less of blood in the body. If a person usually feels lazy, tired or weak or feels like sleeping the whole day or may be the person doesn’t feel like working, it is an indication that there is deficiency of blood in the body. To get rid of this and boost the blood level and as well as your energy level, take two spoons of roasted flaxseeds and 10gms of jaggery and chew them together after having lunch. You can take this twice a day. In winters, make a laddoo of the mixture.
- If a person has non-alcoholic fatty live, he can also employ flaxseeds in his diet. Ina research it was found that besides the daily meals we take, if there is an inclusion of flax seeds in the diet, people suffering from the problem of fatty liver will find relieve. Also it was recorded in another research that flaxseeds can control increase in blood pressure which helps in maintaining the health of the liver. This is because of the presence of alpha nerolic acid and linolenic acid in the flaxseeds. This is how flaxseeds helps in maintaining the healthiness of the liver and simultaneously controls the high blood pressure.
- There are many people today suffering from arthritis. There is pain in the joints, knees, etc. and for this AMULYA FLAX Flaxseed Oil Capsules
prove to be beneficial. There is presence of anti inflammatory substance (a substance that reduces the swelling) in flaxseeds which help in reducing the pain caused due to the swelling in the joints and pain due to arthritis.
- Flaxseeds are also beneficial for hair. If a person has a lot of hairfall problem, that means there is deficiency of omega-3 in the body because of which the hair turn white before age, dry up pr decrease in volume. If you want to make your hair black, voluminous and long, then start including flaxseeds in your diet right away. It also nourishes the scalp and resolves the problem of dandruff and itching. You can also wash your hair using the water of flaxseeds. For this Take two tablespoons of flaxseeds (IMC) Flax Seeds and add it to half a liter of water and leave it overnight. The next morning, strain the seeds and wash your hair with the water. It will make your hair healthy and shiny.
- Flaxseeds are also beneficial for the skin. Because it has omega-3 fatty acids, it helps in keeping the skin soft, healthy and glowing. Most importantly, people whose skin remains rough and lifeless, dull, looks aged do incorporate the consumption of flaxseeds in the diet. You will soon find a change in your skin.
How to use flaxseeds in your daily diet?
- People who have problems related to bones, swelling, nerves or arthritis should know that there is an increase in vata in the body. To consume flaxseeds in this situation, you can make laddoo out of (IMC) Flax Seeds or you can roast 2-3 spoons of them and chew it.
- People who have gastrointestinal problems, body is always warm or there is an inflammation in hands and legs there is an imbalance of pitta in their body. For this, soak one or one and a half spoons of flaxseeds in a glass of water overnight. The next morning heat the water along with the flaxseeds. Strain the flaxseeds and drink the water and eat the soaked flaxseeds.
- Through the inclusion and consumption of flaxseeds in thediet, one can cure 28 diseases that are related to imbalance of kapha in the body, 46-50 diseases that are related to imbalance of pitta in the body and 80 diseases that are related to imbalance of vata in the body.
A few things to keep in mind while a person is consuming flaxseeds:
- People who already have a problem of low blood pressure should not consume flaxseeds.
- One should not consume too much of flaxseeds. On daily basis, you can consume around 20-30gms of flaxseeds only in winters. For summers, you should consume only 10gms on daily basis. Also in summers if you consume flaxseeds, never forget to keep the body hydrated. Consume as much water as possible.
- Women who are pregnant should not consume flaxseeds.
It is quite astonishing for a fact that the small flaxseeds today have become so popular and in trend that they have gained the status of being called and commonly known as superfood.
These tiny bundles of seeds have a great over flow of nutrients to the body and so many health benefits.
Now that you know the importance, consumption and precautions of the flaxseeds, try them in your diet.