The condition in which an individual has an elevated blood pressure is termed as hypertension. The increase in blood pressure depends on the age, mental activities, diet, sex, family history, etc. 120 mmHg systolic and 80 mmHg diastolic is the normal blood pressure of a healthy adult individual. It is also called the ‘Silent Killer’. The symptoms of this disease aren’t obvious so you’d not be able to handle till known. But a few notable symptoms are frequent and excessive urination, neck and back pain that separates and spreads naturally pain near the heart region and feeling of dizziness while standing. They are a few natural indicators of presence of hypertension.
Ayurveda is known to provide treatment that has a deeper impact. It treats the disease or the problem from its root cause. This condition is very common nowadays because of the living lifestyle of people and the food culture. These two are the main causes or factors of this chronic condition. It creates toxins or ama that narrows the blood vessels. For this reason, the blood has to exert more pressure so as to circulate which leads to the condition on having high blood pressure.
There are few home remedies for managing blood pressure:
- Start exercising: Exercise for at least 20-30 minutes a day. A regular physical activity is important for the body as it activates the mood, strength and balance of your body. Keep moving and keep going. That is the major part of saying. Jog, hop, walk or run but engage in some physical activity.
- Consume a proper diet: Follow a healthy diet plan. Include fruits, whole grains and vegetables. Have low fat dairy products like fish, lean meat and nuts. Try and eliminate foods that are saturated foods.
- Minimize the sodium intake: Too much intake of sodium makes the body retain fluid which results in sharp rise of blood pressure. It is indeed necessary to keep the intake of the sodium to a minimal level. AHA recommends limiting the intake of sodium to between 1500 milligrams (mg) to 2300 milligrams (mg) of sodium. Processed foods also tend to be loaded with sodium so it is always advisable to read the food labels before purchasing and find better alternatives for the same.
- Command against nicotine: With every cigarette you smoke, the blood pressure rises for several minutes as you finish the cigarette. If you’re a heavy smoker, there is a possibility of your blood pressure to be high most of the time which is eventually not good. They are at a higher risk for developing diseases like heart attack, stroke, paralysis, etc. quit smoking at the earliest possible.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol: Drinking excessive amount of alcohol can cause lots of health issues including high blood pressure. Drinking a glass of red wine after the dinner meal works fine but the consumption of alcohol should be moderate.
- Manage your stress levels: The life today has become so fast that every person is in stress. It is very important to relax for a while and step back from the duties and responsibilities you always carry on your shoulder. For this you may practice meditation or yoga.