RARE AND POWERFUL INDIAN HERBS YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF.
“Ayurveda is the mystery box of Medical Science” This being said, we, today live in a time where people run for immediate medicines for healing of their medical problems. But do they really heal? Are they beneficial? Are there no side effects? The answer is a big NO for they do relieve the pain but also leave behind some effects which later show up in the body.
India is a land of ayurvedic medicines which dates back to almost 3000 years. There are many rare herbs in India which provide medicinal benefits without leaving behind any side effects and cures the problem naturally. Here is a list of those few Indian herbs which are rare and powerful.
- Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) is found throughout the wet forests of peninsular India. It is widely distributed in mainly in Southern Rajasthan, Western Madhya Pradesh, Northern Gujarat and few parts of Karnataka.
- Kuth(Saussurea Costus) is native to Kashmir but also grown in Himachal Pradesh and Uttrakhand at a height of 8000 to 13000 ft. Its roots are used in Ayurvedic medicines, cosmetics and various other herbal formulations.
- Guggulu (Commiphora wightii) is widely distributed in the rocky Gujarat, Rajasthan and Mysore in India. Guggul is made from the sap (gum resin) of this plant which is used in the treatment and making of ayurvedic medicines.
- Sugandhbala (Valeriana wallichii) a wild herb distributed in subtropical and temperate in Khasi and Jaintia hills. In traditional medicines, the roots of the plant are used and the essential oil for the preparation of medicines, flavour, pharmaceutical and fragrance industries.
- Zakhm-e-hayat (Bergenia ciliate) is a rare found in the altitude of 2,500 to 3,800 metre in Himalayan region. Its root is believed to be used in preparing of the medicines.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa) is commonly found in the Himalayas, from Kashmir to Sikkim. The leaf, bark and underground parts of this plant, mainly rhizomes are used for the medicinal properties in Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic benefits: This plant is mainly used to cure liver disorders like jaundice, rheumatoid arthritis, joint pains,
painful swelling inside the mouth, etc. Because of its antioxidant and hepatoprotective properties, it protects the live against cell damage and along with the property of cardioprotective activity it also helps improve heart health and prevents any damage to the heart. It also has anti-inflammatory property which gives relieve to the joint pains and rheumatoid arthritis.
Usage: Katuki powder can be taken along with honey twice a day to manage the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and joint pains.
Gargling with Katuki kwath can helps manage painful swelling inside the mouth. Katuki powder along with coconut oil or rose water can be applied on wounds to promote faster healing.
- Chirayata (Swertia Chirata) is a plant found in Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand and Kashmir. The whole plant is of medicinal value and has many nutrients to cure day-to-day problems.
Ayurvedic Benefits: Cures diseases like diabetes, osteoarthritis, muscular weakness, fatigue, body-building, arthritis, cancer, etc.
Although the whole herb is of medicinal use but it is the roots which are more powerful. Its root contains steroidal and triterpenoidal saponins which have proved to have therapeutic properties. Because it contains high quantity of simple sugars, mainly sucrose, glucose, fructose, etc. it has the property to cure diabetes, muscular weakness, fatigue etc. naturally. It is known as a revitalizer and boosts the immune system.
Usage: Fifteen grams of roots boiled in one cup of milk should be taken twice daily.
Ayurvedic benefits: Helps improve digestion, reduce abdominal pain, asthma, manages cholesterol levels, etc.
Because of its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties it helps to improve digestion by preventing the growth of bacteria. Also it has anti-inflammatory property and antioxidant property which helps reduce abdominal pain and also manages cholesterol levels.
Usage: Kuth powder along with honey is a good home remedy option. Also as per Ayurveda, it has strong healing power. Kuth oil when mixed with coconut oil might be useful in managing bone and joint pain.
Ayurvedic benefits: It is highly used for arthritis, lowering high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, acne and other skin diseases, and weight loss. It contains some important fluids and constituents which are beneficial for the treatment of diseases such as resin, essential oil, gugulipid, etc.
Ayurvedic benefits: The roots of the plants help in curing ulcers, jaundice, dry cough, asthma, seminal weakness, skin diseases, leprosy, sleep enhancement. It is a mild sedative-hypnotic herb that has a calming effect on the brain. It balances Vata and has carminative effect.
Usage: It is used in the form of powder, tincture and extract.
Ayurvedic benefits: It is commonly used for wound healing, curing diarrhea and vomiting, fever, cough and pulmonary affections kidney stones, vertigo, etc. The plant also acts as astringent, tonic and has anti-inflammatory effect which helps in providing relieve to the pains.
In a nutshell, India is a land of herbs which have numerous properties that can help cure and heal the medicinal problems of a person naturally. We need not depend on the immediate medicines available in the market which leave behind the scars and bad impact on the bodies. History has its evidence laid that the properties of the these plants can cure the deepest wounds and can heal problems like cancer, arthritis etc. Ayurveda offers an excellent approach to many conditions and diseases for which modern medicine has no permanent solution. Ayuvedic medicines yield to SIDE BENEFITS and not SIDE EFFECTS. It is simple and obtained from the diversity which the mother nature has to offer us. As Buddha rightly said, “Your body is precious. It is our vehicle for awakening. Treat it with care.”
Ayurvedic benefits: Chirayata is used for fever, constipation, upset stomach, loss of appetite, intestinal worms, skin diseases, and cancer. It is an excellent remedy for strengthening the stomach and promoting its action. it also acts as a blood purifier. It works as a tonic for the heart, liver, eyes, and can be useful to relieve sciatica, cough, scanty urine and melancholia.
Usage: It is generally taken in powder form.
In a nutshell, India is a land of herbs which have numerous properties that can help cure and heal the medicinal problems of a person naturally. We need not depend on the immediate medicines available in the market which leave behind the scars and bad impact on the bodies. History has its evidence laid that the properties of the these plants can cure the deepest wounds and can heal problems like cancer, arthritis etc. Ayurveda offers an excellent approach to many conditions and diseases for which modern medicine has no permanent solution. Ayurvedic medicines yield to SIDE BENEFITS and not SIDE EFFECTS. It is simple and obtained from the diversity which the mother nature has to offer us. As Buddha rightly said, “Your body is precious. It is our vehicle for awakening. Treat it with care.”