“Nature itself is the best physician” – Hippocrates
India is a tropical nation. The frequent changes in the climate eventually lead to the diseases thereby making people worry about their health and immunity. We generally seek for medications that provide fast relief to the body but leaves behind some side effect which is harmful for the body. But what we don’t realize is that India has a treasure of herbs that help bring relieve to the body and does not leave behind any side effects. Ayurvedic medicines are effective, safe and free from any chemical formulations and for this reason many Indian companies have come up and manufacture medicines with herbs that provide benefit to all type of conditions prevalent today. There are many bacterial attacks that take place because of high moisture content in the air and also when the season changes. The winters are a difficult part in the northern India. The seasonal transit in India is especially hard for infants, children and elderly people. Common cough and cold are a common disease which can be irritating and is the most persistent disease. Ayurvedic medicines in India are both effective and non-harmful. Here is a list of ayurvedic medicines available in India.
- Amulya Cough Syrup Decongestant and Expectorant : Amulya Cough Syrup is a best combination of herbs Banafsha, Munaca, Unava, Gajban, Mulethi, Saunf, Reshakhatmi, Anjeer, etc. which provides relief from dry cough and cold without leaving behind any side effects. It provides fast relief from acute cough, whooping cough, sore throat and bronchitis.
- Amulya Zerotar Syrup specific for Smoker’s Cough : Made of ingredients like Somlata, Vasaka, Giloy, Saunth, Reshakhatmi, Banaphsha, Mulethi, Unav, Gajwan, Illaichi, Sabaz, etc. Amulya Zerotar is a combination of well-marked herbs that strengthen the respiratory organs which helps to remove the accumulated mucus from the lungs. It is very useful in bronchitis, smokers’ cough, and chronic cough of any age group.
- Zandu Zefs Cough Syrup: Zandu Zefs Syrup is an ayurvedic medicine that is primarily used for the treatment of common cough. It consists of ingredients like Kantakari, Black Pepper, Rasna, Mulethi, Pippali, Ginger, etc.
- Himalaya Koflet : The key ingredients of Himalaya Koflet Syrup are Liquorice root, Holy Basil, Honey, etc. that is primarily used for the treatment of cough. It is beneficial and productive and has reportedly no side effects.
- Divya Swasari Pravahi : Made with ingredients such as mulethi, dalchini, ikha, kali mirch, amaltas, etc. Divya Swasari Pravahi is an effective Ayurvedic medicine used to relieve the symptoms of common cold. It provides relief from headache, running nose, blocked nose and sneezing. It allows the person to sleep well and provides relieve to people who are prone to common cold.
- Baidyanath Kasamrit Herbal Cough Syrup : Somlata, Peppermint,Gajava,Kateri chhoti are a few key ingredients in Baidyanath Kasamrit Herbal Cough syrup which is non-drowsy tonic that acts as a herbal supplement for common cough, cold, runny nose, nasal congestion and sore throat.
- Charak Kofol : A combination of herbs like Haridra, Shunthi, Bibhitaki, Vasa, Yastimadhu in Charak Kafol has anti-inflammatory properties which eases the irritation caused during the common cold and cough.
- Hamdard Joshina : Tulsi, mulethi, amaltas, unnab, saplstan are the core ingredients of Hamdard Joshina. It aids in the prevention and treatment of common cold and cough.
- Basu Bansa Cough Syrup : Dr. Basu’s Bansa Cough Syrup is an effective Ayurvedic formulation that helps treat respiratory tract infection along with cough and cold. The Gulkhairo (Marshmallow) in it protects and soothes the mucous membranes thus, helps in treating dry cough. In addition, the Bansa herb in it removes respiratory spasms and relieves irritable cough through its soothing action.
- Himani Sardi Jaa : Ingredients like Kantakari, Kasmard, Bharangi, Kayaphala, Navsadar, Pudina Ka Phool, Karpoor, etc. helps in improving the common cold. It helps decrease the running nose and sneezing.
Rosemary Gladstar is the leading herbalist in America. She says, “The plants have enough spirit to transform our limited vision.” Rightly quoted for truly the medicines that are reliable and non-harmful are given to us by mother nature. Nature has all the remedies for us to heal our diseases. All we should know and look into is the uses and the effectiveness. Our bodies are precious and we must take good care of it.