Baidyanath Mahamas Tel is one of the powerful Ayurveda oil, widely used for many neurological conditions.The main ingredient of this oil is Mash or Urad (split black lentils), along with Til Tel(Sesame oil), Dashmool, Ashwagandha, Kachur, Bala mool, Jivniya Gana and Others and hence it is named Mahamas oil in which Masha means black gram, which is the main ingredient of this oil. It is used both for external and internal administration. Treatment of paralysis, palsy,deafness, tinnitus. Helps to relieve stiffness and pain in locked jaw.
Key Benefits :
- It is used in Ayurveda for Paralysis and Palsy.
- It is useful for conditions like deafness, tinnitus. For this, it is either used to instill a few drops
- directly into ear or by internal administration.
- It helps to relieve stiffness and pain in locked jaw.
- It relieves headache, eye diseases.
- It is helpful to relieve pain of multiple joint aches and pains pertaining to hands, legs, head, neck.
- It is used in lumbar and cervical spondylosis.
- It is also used to overcome pain due to blunt injuries, and is also useful for rheumatoid and
- It is used in Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy, and such other neurological problems.
- It is used to relieve headache and migraine.
- It is one of the best massage oils to relieve tiredness and for elderly people.
- It is administered orally and as nasya oil for frozen shoulder.
Ingredients : Ashwagandha, Kachur, Devdaru, Khareti, Rasna, Prasarini, Kust, Phalsa, Bharangi, Urad, Vidarikand, Punarnava, Jivanti, Shatavari, Meda, Mahameda, Kakoli-Kshir Kakoli,Jivak, Rishbhak, Til Tel etc. Indication: Acts as a demulcent and emollient. Indicated in epilepsy, physical debility, nervous disease. Effective in physical debility & weak limbs etc. Reference: Ayurved Saar Sangrah
Usage: For oral administration, the usual dosage is – 5 – 10 drops once or two times a day before food with hot water or as directed by the Ayurvedic doctor.
Externally, it is used in all types of oil treatments like Massage, Dhara treatment, Shirovasti.